Vestjysk Bank's Board of Directors consists of 13 members, of which 4 are elected by the Bank´s employees. The Executive Board consists of Jan Ulsø Madsen as CEO, Claus E. Petersen as deputy CEO, Michael Nelander Petersen as managing director and Torben Sørensen as managing director.
The Board of Directors and the Executive Board
|Board of Directors||Executive Board|
|Kim Duus (Chairman)||Jan Ulsø Madsen, CEO|
|Niels Fessel (Vice-Chairman)||Claus E. Petersen, deputy CEO|
|Bent Simonsen||Michael N. Petersen, managing director|
Bolette van Ingen Bro
|Torben Sørensen, managing director|
|Hanne Træholt Odegaard|
|Jacob Møllgaard, elected by the employees|
|Mette Holmegaard Nielsen, elected by the employees|
|Karsten Westergaard Hansen, elected by the employees|
|Steen Louie, elected by the employees|
Vestjysk Bank's principles on corporate governance are based on the Recommendations of the Committee on Corporate Governance and are thus in line with the principles, Nasdaq Copenhagen has decided listed companies must address. The Bank's principles on corporate governance are furthermore based on the Recommendations of the Danish Bankers’ Association Management Code.
We have chosen to publish the Bank’s statutory report on corporate governance on this page to the right. The report outlines the Bank's status in relation to all recommendations put forward by the Committee on Corporate Governance and the Danish Bankers’ Association Management Code.
- Corporate Governance 2020
- Corporate Governance 2019
- Corporate Governance 2018
- Corporate Governance 2017
- Corporate Governance 2016
- Corporate Governance 2015
- Corporate Governance 2014
- Corporate Governance 2013
- Corporate Governance 2012
- Corporate Governance 2011
- Corporate Governance 2010
- Report on the Danish Bankers´Association Management Code 2020
- Report on the Danish Bankers´Association Management Code 2019
- Report on the Danish Bankers´Association Management Code 2018
- Report on the Danish Bankers´ Association Management Code 2017
- Report on the Danish Bankers´ Association Management Code 2016
- Report on the Danish Bankers´ Association Management Code 2015
- Report on the Danish Bankers´ Association Management Code 2014
Committees under the Board of Directors
In order to increase the efficiency and quality of work of the Board of Directors Vestjysk Bank´s Board of Directors established three committees during the period 2009 to 2010 - the Remuneration Committee, the Nomination Committee and the Audit Committee. During 2014 the Board of Directors also established a Risk Committee. The committees contribute to drafting the materials on which decisions made by the Board of Directors are based. The sole purpose of these committees is preparatory in nature, which means that material information needed by all Board members must be transmitted to such members. The Board retains full responsibility for all decisions, and the work performed by the committees may also not result in any omission or curtailment of business originally intended to be transacted by the Board.
Members of the various committees are also members of the Bank’s Board of Directors and meet the independence requirement as defined by the Committee on Corporate Governance in Denmark. However, the members elected by the employees are considered non-independent board members due to their current employment in the Bank.